Getting the Most From the Conference—Tammie Edington Shaw
||Opening General Session
Speaker—Lawrence W. Wilson—"The Ministry of Christian Writing"
||Continuing Classes (Classes meet each day.)
- How to Get Published—Michelle Medlock Adams
Learn to focus ideas, find markets, submit manuscripts in correct format,
understand manuscript rights, write query letters, and more.
Recommended for people who have not been published.
- Writing Fiction—Allie Pleiter
Study the elements of fiction, including structure, scenecraft, characterization, and dialogue.
- Writing Nonfiction—Ginger Kolbaba
Learn to write a variety of nonfiction manuscripts, including articles, newspaper stories, and books.
- Communicating Christ to Non-Christian Audiences—Rusty Wright
If you want to write what nonbelievers can understand and appreciate, this class will help you
touch their minds and hearts, so you can scratch where they itch and sensitively convey
spiritual truth to needy readers.
- Writing With Excellence—Joyce K. Ellis
Editors are looking for polished manuscripts, so learn to edit your prose before submitting it.
- Advanced Career Track—Lawrence W. Wilson
Prerequisite: one book published or under contract or at least 75 published manuscripts, not
counting reprints. If you're an established writer, take your publishing to the next level or
develop a full-time career as a writer. From agents, editors, and professional freelancers,
you'll learn what it takes to turn a writing avocation into a profession.
||Lunch and Free Time
||Panel: Magazine, Newsletter, and Website Editors
- Four Questions Every Writer Should Ask—Blythe Daniel
- Writing for Young Children—Rachel LaMonica Pellegrino
- How to Tame the Social Media Monster (beyond beginners, part 1)—Janis Whipple
- Polished Promotion on a Budget—Joanie & Jenni Beaver
- Preparing for Appointments With Editors and Agents—Cindy Sproles
- Understanding a Book Contract—Steven Hutson
||Free Time and Dinner
Ask Questions/Get Help—Tammie Edington Shaw
Speaker—Carol Kent—"The Firestorm: When Your Written Words Get
||Manuscript Critique Groups